The biggest release ever!
Data Warehouse Automation (DWA) is the most crucial part of our development strategy. In this BI4Dynamics BC (NAV) release, all SQL code is generated automatically. Any change to existing or new functionality is just one click away. We rebuilt the complete BI solution from scratch. A result in DWA edition is the same content as in our Standard edition that has been developed over the years. Now you can enjoy the best of both worlds: content and flexibility.
Data Warehouse Automation at its best
Modeling is based on metadata (AOT)
BI4Dynamics collects all AOT information about tables, enums and generates BI structures much faster and without errors. This significantly improves user’s productivity.
No code development, no SQL knowledge needed
Development is done through an intuitive user interface by selecting AX objects (tables, fields) and applying right names to BI objects (dimensions, measure). The rest is taken care by BI4Dynamics code generator.
All code is 100% open for further modification
Sometimes it is necessary to add a specific SQL code into the existing script. This feature supports further DWA code generation of the same script and preserving manual code intact.
One click documentation generation
Complete BI project documentation is generated with a click of a mouse. It includes details about architecture, formulas, hierarchies, as well as Top tables by size and Execution times of top procedures.
Keeping all Data Warehouse features
Built specifically for Microsoft Dynamics BC (NAV) business
Expandable to complex data models with many entities
Scalable for larger databases with intensive daily processing
A single point of truth for corporate reporting
BI4Dynamics NAV November 2018 (6.4)
BI4Dynamics latest release brings easy integration of external data sources into BI4Dynamics.
INTEGRATING EXTERNAL DATA TO BI4DYNAMICS
- Create SSIS packages to add any data source type (SQL, Excel, text, and other).
- Fine tune SQL scripts to fit BI4Dynamics Data Warehouse concept.
- Add SSIS package to the BI4Dynamics process flow.
- Create a new cube based on tables from external data with the Wizard.
- Added integration of external data sources.
- Added management for deploying stage.
- Redesigned snapshot functionality for Sales and Purchase Orders.
- Added support for all data warehouse schemas.
- Added management of tables from external data source that don’t have CompanyID or primary key.
BI4Dynamics NAV July 2018 (6.3)
BI4Dynamics latest release brings even better Customization and Development wizard and new BI content across all application areas
- Adding dimension Item Variant to Sales, Purchase and Inventory cube.
- Added attribute Posting description to dimensions to documents (Sales, Purchase, GL, Receivables, and Payables).
- GL cube: added dimensions VAT Business Posting Group, VAT Product Posting Group, General Posting Type.
- Sales cube: added dimensions Return Reason Code.
- Updated French and Spanish translations.
- Availability to add tables from Help, Setup, Dim, Fact and Metadata schemas (before Stage Schema was available to add) in Wizard functionality for building cubes and dimensions.
- Improved translation management.
- Improved reading NAV objects in a multitenant environment.
- Stabilized SSIS process flow and SASS partition management.
BI4Dynamics NAV March 2018 (6.2)
BI4Dynamics latest release brings Enterprise BI features with partition-based processing, editable process flow and other performance and development features.
KEY CORPORATE FEATURES
- Partition based cube processing
Partial data-based processing that enables up to 90% faster cube processing. Users can set 3 partitions – current, intermediate and archived.
- Editable process flow
To support adding external data source BI4Dynamics process flow is flexible and enables adding new SSIS packages.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES IN THE LATEST RELEASE
- Inventory state redesign: Measures are based on a data warehouse.
- Setup execution log: Monitor execution time and table inserts in Power BI.
- Folder translations: Translation option added to the Wizard.
BI4Dynamics NAV January 2018 (6.1)
This release adds support for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 (Application, Metadata, Multitenant).
- Built on latest .NET framework 4.7.1 to support the latest Microsoft technologies.
- Added full support for SQL 2017.
- Added support for NAV 2018 (Application, Metadata, Multitenant).
- Added fully editable 12 dimensions (total 16): Business Unit, Currency, Customer, Fixed Asset, GL Account, Item, Job, Location, Reason Code, Resource, Resource Group, SalespersonPurchaser, Shipment Method, Shipping Agent, Source Code, Vendor.
- Added Filter on loading data into Fact (WHERE condition).
- Added Many-to-Many (dimension: measure group) relation in a cube.
BI4Dynamics NAV 6.0 (November 2017) with Wizard 2.0
Create new or edit existing cubes, dimensions and measures through the simple 5 step process that is based on Metadata and supports the many-to-one concept (source-to-destination table).
Build New Cubes and Data Warehouse
Create new cubes and data warehouse covering your specifics in Microsoft Dynamics NAV (or vertical BI solution) without prior SQL knowledge.
Customize BI Solution with Wizard or Manually
Add fields to the existing solution. Mix and match. Wizard or manual generated code. All inside one BI solution. Customization and development have never been easier.